If you're still using DOS or console mode (also refereed to as character mode) programs that doesn't provide a way to export data, you maybe looking for a way to capture what's displayed on such programs. Try this:
- Start a DOS box or a Command Prompt (DOS box) inside Windows.
"Start | Programs | Command Prompt / DOS"
- Run the character mode program that you want to import data from, and go to the screen with the data you want to capture.
- Right click the title bar of the DOS box
- Select "Edit | Mark"
- Click and drag the mouse until you select the data area that you want to copy.
- Press ENTER when you've finished selecting.
- Switch to the Windows program that you want to import the just copied data to, and select its paste function.